Rigging Practitioner – Refresher
Experience required: This course is aimed at rigging practitioners who have attend the SMR 2.5 day course titled rigging practitioner.
The course reviews and refreshes the core skills of engineering anchors and rope systems for rescue loads.
The programme will update rope practitioners in recent ICAR thinking around rope rescue systems, we also cover use of belay devices what’s new on the market, test information on single and mirrored rope systems and edge transition management. The use of high angle deviation points will also be demonstrated.
The course is completely hands on in the field, By the end of this 1 day programme you will have developed your knowledge and skill application in;
1. Edge transition with light and heavy rescue loads
2. High angle deviation points
3. Update on what’s new in equipment
4. Update on ground anchor systems and their design of use
This course is ideal for anyone who technically rigs or delivers rigging training in their home teams.
This course is non-residential and no food is provided.
In order to ensure the smooth running of the course all candidates are asked to ensure they observe the following conditions:
- Participants should provide their own lunch for the duration of the course.
- All participants are requested to ensure they have transport arranged as the course programme will necessitate travel to and from training venues. Where possible we ask course participants to bring a team 4×4 vehicle.
- For insurance purposes participants are required to sign on with their team prior to course attendance.
- Sufficient personal equipment is required to enable candidates to operate within a mountainous and crag environment and in all weather conditions for the duration of the course.
For your comfort and safety please ensure you have appropriate personal safety equipment for this course.
In particular, participants must bring : Midge net, midge spray, Harness, helmet , team radio + spare battery, personal MR and crag rescue kit.
- Participants are encouraged to bring technical rescue equipment as used by their own team. In addition we would encourage participants to bring along copies of any team rigging guidelines so that we can start to share this type of information.
- Please note; participants need to be prepared to work on steep terrain and cliff/crag environments.